I was a first-time mom. [I had] a little boy in 1980, when I took him in for a fourth DPT shot. And back then, parents hadn’t been told anything about vaccines, the fact that they could cause reactions, injuries, deaths. So he actually had DPT and oral polio vaccine that day, and within hours of that fourth DPT shot, in 1980 at age two and a half, I witnessed reactions and I didn’t know they were reactions. He had a convulsion, a collapse shock and a brain inflammation, but because I’d been told nothing by my pediatrician about how to recognize vaccine reactions, I didn’t understand what I was witnessing. I now know he could’ve died in his bed that night. I know that if I hadn’t awakened him in the middle of this reaction, which I didn’t understand was a reaction, I think he would’ve been catastrophically brain injured. What happened after that shot is that he regressed… physically, mentally and emotionally and became a totally different child.