Google Shuts Down Traffic to Health Advocate Mercola.com

Google Shuts Down Traffic to Health Advocate Mercola.com

One of the top natural health/health awareness websites in the world, Mercola.com, has been censored by Google as well as other social media platforms for simply sharing information. Who is this ‘ministry’ of truth deciding what people get to see and what people don’t get to see? Why can’t the people have a free right to information anymore and be allowed to think for themselves?

Who is Dr. Joseph Mercola? Well, he’s a well-known doctor who left the mainstream medical industry and has changed the lives of many through various avenues, and one of those avenues is through spreading information and awareness. Mercola.com is one of the most popular sites that has been providing information that the powerful elite, mainstream media, and big pharma definitely don’t want you to know about.

Over the years, the government and business monopolies, including the likes of Big Tech, have formed a global alliance hell-bent on protecting and concentrating member profits. The price for keeping business going as usual is personal liberty and freedom of speech that may impact these fascist government-industrial complexes.

The major industries colluding to take over the government and government agencies include banking, military, agriculture, pharma, media and Big Tech.

The leaders of these industries have organized strategies to buy off politicians through lobbying and to capture regulatory agencies through revolving door hiring strategies and paid-for media influence through advertising dollars.

Big Tech has joined the movement, bringing in a global concentration of wealth to eliminate competition and critical voices—voices that bring awareness to the frightening future as our rights, freedoms and competition erode into a fascist sunset, all disguised as a means to protect you from “misinformation.”

This year, we’ve seen an unprecedented push to implement censorship across all online platforms, making it increasingly difficult to obtain and share crucial information about health topics. If you’ve been having difficulty finding articles from my website in your Google searchers of late, you’re not alone.

Google traffic to Mercola.com has plummeted by about 99% over the past few weeks. The reason? Google’s June 2019 broad core update, which took effect June 3,1 removed most Mercola.com pages from its search results.

Censorship is at an all time high, and it’s almost Orwellian. We now have a powerful group of people who make up the global elite and are now deciding for the people what is real, what is fake, what they are allowed to see, and what they are not allowed to see. This would be the modern day “Ministry of Truth” Orwell speaks of in his book, 1984.

Censorship has happened everywhere. Our social media platforms, for example, have also been demonetized and heavily censored. Any information, regardless of how well sourced or how truthful it is, could be censored if it threatens the elite.

It’ All Serving

A lot of people have woken up to various things that threaten elitist control structures and corporate profits. This became so evident and information was spreading so far and wide that the elite had no choice but to target it, label it as fake, and completely censor/attempt to shut it down. It’s truly a badge of honor to have made it onto their radar.

The only issue with their plan is that this reaction from the elite ended up further exposing what’s happening. The fact that they are demonetizing a vast number of people, like Mercola, and censoring a number of websites has only opened more eyes.

This is a clear infringement of freedom of information. Although recent moves made by Google and others might be somewhat effective, in the long run they represent a positive step towards exposing the truth and furthering the ‘transparency’ movement that’s currently affecting all aspects of humanity.

The Takeaway

It’s truly amazing to see how much consciousness has shifted on our planet. Topics and information that were once deemed ‘conspiracy theories’ are now no longer considered that. This is all as a result of information coming to light. Heck, mass surveillance was once considered a conspiracy theory, despite all of the information and evidence that existed prior to the leaks from Edward Snowden. Information is changing the way the masses perceive the human experience, and as a result the human experience is changing. We are living in very exciting times.

No doubt more information will continue to emerge as we move through 2019 and beyond, further challenging the long-held beliefs the masses have been brainwashed into developing over the years. This is a positive thing, and it’s best to keep an open mind in this day and age as more paradigm shifting information continues to emerge, despite the efforts made by those who are threatened by it to completely shut it down, erase it and censor it. The truth cannot be stopped.

Note: This article was reprinted with the author’s permission. It was originally published at Collective Evolution.

This article or commentary provides referenced information and perspective on a topic related to vaccine science, policy, law or ethics being discussed in public forums and by U.S. lawmakers. The websites of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provide information and perspective of federal agencies responsible for vaccine research, development, regulation and policymaking.

48 Responses to "Google Shuts Down Traffic to Health Advocate Mercola.com"

1. Janice   July 28, 2019 at 5:22 pm

I am still able to go to mercola.com and pull up health article and shop.

• Alison McIrvin   August 5, 2019 at 5:28 pm

duckduckgo.com

2. Steven Csorgo   July 28, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Which internet search engine would you recommend that is unbiased?

• Bob   July 29, 2019 at 6:13 am

Startpage–they don’t track your searches, like Google. They don’t censor.

3. michelle   July 28, 2019 at 6:34 pm

Better write down the exact addresses of your favorite websites before you can’t find them doing an online search. This has been happening for longer than you think. It’s time for WEB 3.0!

4. Gems Gram   July 28, 2019 at 7:08 pm

I just used my Duck Duck Go browser and accessed Mercola.com

Can I mention Trump on this site? 🙂

Trump slams Big Tech Censorship!

5. Barb   July 28, 2019 at 7:11 pm

I was a subscriber of Dr. Mercola’s newsletter. For an unknown reason a few weeks ago, I no longer received any newsletters. Now we know why.

• Heidi   July 28, 2019 at 11:38 pm

I had the same problem. Yahoo just stopped delivering my mercola newsletters. I’m getting ready to switch to a different email provider.

6. Michael   July 28, 2019 at 8:04 pm

I don’t quite follow the narrative on this article.

– I agree that ‘misinformation’ is driving google and many others to design strategies to reduce the accessibility and visibility of information on a variety of subjects – vaccination, cancer, supplements, etc –
    – it’s a slippery slope and let’s to classification and removal of almost anything and you can’t complain about what you don’t know you don’t know
    – it’s real and it’s happening

BUT – I searched Dr. Mercola and got his website on the first page – so are there better examples of this that illustrate the issue?

• m   July 29, 2019 at 2:34 am

Again, what this article means is that if you search a TOPIC you will not be directed to Mercola or any other health or natural medicine websites. You CAN type in his name and bring up the website. That’s not the point. If you want non-government directed discussion of any health related topic, if you want see what’s being said in general, you will not get it unless you already know the source of whom you want to read.

7. Dori Gerlesits   July 28, 2019 at 8:14 pm

So much for government by the people and for the people! When government employees and industry employees trade places this is bound to occur. There should be restrictions such as when a contract forbids an employee from moving to a competitor.

8. Laura Serrano   July 28, 2019 at 8:18 pm

I was able to access the Mercola website on the Google search engine. I just did it now…could it have just been a temporary glitch or were you informed they were shutting it down?

• H   July 28, 2019 at 11:40 pm

Accessing the Mercola website isn’t the problem (yet), but it’s the newsletters that they email. They have stopped being delivered to subscribers inboxes.

9. NANCY FRIEND   July 28, 2019 at 8:36 pm

I get emails from Mercola and find them wonderfully informative. I wondered why I wasn’t able to open up the newsletter articles….
    Now this makes sense. How disgusting.

10. Marene Mayer   July 28, 2019 at 9:49 pm

I’m a subscriber to Dr. Mercola. Although I don’t agree with every thing he says…….he is valuable to our Natural Health care. What happened to Freedom of Speech. All the Racists, etc. , have access ….what’s up with that…….Including the President…….and what Dr. Mercola has to say is Valuable. Don’t want to say what Internet connection I get his Newsletters from ——that might be checked / sensored !!!

11. Pearl   July 28, 2019 at 9:59 pm

As a former member of a college debating team, I have learned to think for myself and not blindly follow the gang. I have been a fan of Dr. Mercola and at 80 years of age, I do not take any medication. When my daughter was in the hospital for two months 17 years ago, I was very stressed out. When my blood pressure went up, I simply ate garlic, bananas and foods with high potassium and my blood pressure became 110/70. When I was under extreme stress at that time, I had heart palpitations and spent the night in a hospital. I then began eating green salads and cooked greens with each meal and made an effort to relax by playing the piano, walking etc, and I have had no more trouble since.

12. Michelle   July 28, 2019 at 10:16 pm

Interesting to see the darkness encroaching…….

13. Karis   July 28, 2019 at 10:46 pm

This article needs to be more specific about how Google is shutting down traffic to mercola.com, please.

• Jojo   July 30, 2019 at 2:31 am

You can access mercola dot com. His website is not shut down. But if you search for something that is not directly on his home page, google will not be allowing you to find the information. Each subject on his website including archived info is like a chapter in a book. Each chapter has many pages. If you’re looking for a specific subject and you google “mercola allergies” google will be blocking you from being able to find the page he wrote about allergies. Hopefully you will be able to search on mercola.com itself.

14. joann   July 28, 2019 at 10:56 pm

I appreciated the Mercola newsletter but my gmail account no longer seems to transmit them.

Google isn’t the only game in town.,.but the Google email service up till now has been stable. How do we complain to them?

15. Jennifer   July 28, 2019 at 11:20 pm

I stopped using GOOGLE months ago because of their censorship!!

16. km   July 28, 2019 at 11:55 pm

So when you search a health topic like “candida” or “natural health” for example Dr Mercola’s website would have been one of the top resources that should pop up in the google search engine. That is no longer the case. Yes, you can go directly to his site but it will no longer pop up as one of the main resources unless you know about it and go directly to it. Hope that helps.

17. J Adams   July 29, 2019 at 12:24 am

If I’m reading the article right, it’s not saying that Google will not allow you to access Mercola.com, but rather if you search for terms that Mercola has written about that are contrary to elitist views, you will not see Mercola articles in the search results.

Thus you will not get an opposite opinion of whatever the elite viewpoint is on your selected topic.

18. Steven Csorgo   July 29, 2019 at 12:44 am

I am a subscriber to Mercola, and still get his emails everyday. I think he was talking about a new browser “Brave”….has anyone used that? He had mentioned DuckDuckGo in earlier articles as a browser choice.

19. Susan   July 29, 2019 at 1:57 am

PLEASE! Stop using “google as your search engine everyone. I use Duck Duck Go…but there are lots of them available. They have become exactly the opposite of what their original motto stated , “Don’t be evil.” They are evil now.

20. m   July 29, 2019 at 2:29 am

Janice, you can still type in Mercola.com and reach the site, but if you put in the word “vaccine” for example, or any of things he is passionate about, you will never get mercola’s site as a choice. In fact the only reason you can get it by typing in “Take Control of Your Health” is that that is the nam of a book he wrote, so it comes up as a book but that’s all.

21. Green Mom   July 29, 2019 at 2:49 am

This article didn’t include the full write-up from mercola.com, which is why it’s confusing for some. Google didn’t remove access to mercola.com. Rather, google deprioritized mercola (and other alternative health sources) as search results. For example, if you do a google search on “vaccine dangers,” you will see pages and pages of results on why vaccines are safe and how parents are irresponsible if they do not vaccinate. (Try it.) In the article from mercola.com quoted above, Dr. Mercola had noted that you could still find mercola content by including mercola.com in the search criteria. I’m seeing the effects of google in other health searches that I’m doing for my children. Alternative health solutions are no longer appearing.

22. Adriaan Keij   July 29, 2019 at 4:33 am

Hi Arjun Walia, in what way did “Google Shut Down Traffic to Health Advocate Mercola.com”? Please elaborate…

23. W   July 29, 2019 at 9:09 am

Certain webpage have been removed from Google’s search engine, not Mercola’s website. Dropping the number of people visiting drastically.

24. L. Ruede   July 29, 2019 at 9:30 am

If having trouble accessing, other search engines are out there, like Duck Duck Go. “Duck” is advantageous because it doesn’t track your searches or misuse your personal information.

25. lruede   July 29, 2019 at 9:36 am

I can access Mercola.com if I type it into Google; however, when I experimented by typing in the title of an article in that domain (in quotes, for precision), the result didn’t come up for several pages. I was only able to get it to move to the top by adding ‘mercola’ to the search. I would guess Google’s approach to this type of info is the same as it’s employing to some businesses – making sure they can’t come high enough up in searches for people to find them (you have to look at several pages, in other words).

26. Jimmey McGee   July 29, 2019 at 10:00 am

I also had a hard time getting the website im very angry that they are messing with him he has done more good to his fellow man then they ever will an they need to be stopped!!! Thank you for this article an Thank you Dr. Mercola for all that you do .

27. James Bell   July 29, 2019 at 10:26 am

Accessing the site by typing it in isn’t the problem. Google can’t stop that yet. It can block or push them far down the list of a target site’s pages that come up for other search terms like “cardiovascular disease” or “high fructose corn syrup” or “vaccine risks”.

The simple answer for this is stop using google as a search engine. Use duck duck go or firefox which are companies that don’t work for The Man.

Stop using all google products and let them feel the impact when, hopefully, enough people walk away from them. Mercola also wrote an article about google products stockpiling all the info they gain in their, or an allied company’s server farms from their free services to sell to whomever wants it. I’m sure that annoyed the google nerds.

28. Sahhira   July 29, 2019 at 11:35 am

I am also still able to go to google.com (which I don’t use) and am able to pull up Mercola.com as the first hit. I don’t understand why this is being said, either. I use DuckDuckGo, which is what Dr. Mercola recommends. I am still receiving all his newsletters and have for about 20 years.

29. Sahhira   July 29, 2019 at 11:38 am

I went to Google.com right now, and here’s the link that takes you to Mercola.com as the first hit: https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=whI_XZSaG4fasQXw3qvwCw&q=mercola&oq=mercola&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i131j0l9.1574.2462..5557…0.0..0.270.961.6j0j2……0….1..gws-wiz…..0.RN32VbyGChw

30. Mel   July 29, 2019 at 11:46 am

I get a lot of emails and don’t read half of them, but the Dr. Mercola newletters I read religiously. Hope I still keep receiving the emails. If not I’ll email him myself and tell him to keep up his inspiring work and how people like me rely on his information to stay well!

31. Charlene Mason Gallego   July 29, 2019 at 12:11 pm

I was able to access the website through a google search. When exactly did this censorship take place?

32. Dave W.   July 29, 2019 at 12:21 pm

I believe that the point of this article is that, although you can still Google search “Dr. Mercola” and pull up his website, it is now more difficult to come across the mercola website by any other means, such as through searches like “natural medicine”, “vaccine freedom of choice”, etc., or whatever the search may be, whereas it was easier before the update to the Google search platform. Additionally, if you search “Dr. Mercola”, besides his website, what comes up is a bunch of information intended to make him out to be a “quack”.

33. Timothy   July 29, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Guys…it would be topic and word relevant searches that pulled up the links to the Mercola pages that would then be an answer such queries. Accessing the site directly by typing the web address is unaffected….

34. Shelly Eades   July 29, 2019 at 12:48 pm

I did a search for “health risks of vaccines” on Duck Duck Go which doesn’t censor and Dr Mercola’s site with an article came up on about the 11th one down. I put the same words into Google and I went through countless pages and can’t find anything.

35. Dani   July 29, 2019 at 1:08 pm

From the Mercola website. Dr. Mercola has been addressing this issue for quite some time:

36. donna   July 29, 2019 at 3:31 pm

I also had received Dr. Mercolas emails for years and about 6 months ago they stopped coming through. I have re registered on his website and still no Mercola emails. I use Duck Duck Go and the email is Windows live mail which seems to be the problem. If I want information I have to type in his website in order to access his articles now.

37. PKP   July 29, 2019 at 8:36 pm

If you Google “Mercola”, of course the site will show up. Let’s call that a direct search, where you enter the specific name of a website and the results show up.

Google is diverting traffic in general searches. For example I just Googled “natural remedies for UTI”. In the past a Mercola article would always be somewhere on the first page, usually at the top. Google use to show us which sites were most popular for the subject we searched. The reason Mercola’s site was always near the top is because the site got LOTS of traffic. In my search just now, there was nothing from Mercola at all. So how could someone that’s never heard of Mercola.com, looking for natural remedies ever find Mercola’s site? Logical question is why would they allow some sites but not Mercola and others? Influence. The more effective sites are the ones being blocked from general searches.

I did another search for “are vaccines safe”. In the past a Mercola article or NVIC article would always be somewhere on the first page, usually at the top. Not only was there nothing, but the first NINE links were to articles explaining how wonderful vaccines are. How can someone, looking for this kind of information ever find an alternate view? By artificially loading the search results with 9 out of 10 pro-vaccine articles, it makes the person searching feel as if other views are nearly non-existent. They’ll be more likely to comply without question.

They can’t stop someone from finding a site they already know about…..yet. It’s the people that are just beginning to look that will be kept in the dark.

Don’t consider yourself safe because you already know a little something. Who’s to say what info you’ll need in the future? And if you don’t already know where to go, you may never find it now.

What they want is for this to eventually become the country’s new normal. Then we won’t fight them as much.

38. Dawn   July 30, 2019 at 9:37 am

EVERYONE, lets all compile a succinct list of every and all the alternative medicine, ect., websites that we use and open source publish it EVERYWHERE for EVERYONE. Please pray about it and use our collective consciousness to make a difference. Let’s come at this together, in a kind and gentle way, with love for all.

39. Debra   July 30, 2019 at 5:49 pm

Google has also shut me out because i have Hemp CBD websites

40. Scott   July 31, 2019 at 5:39 pm

I switched my search engine to DuckDuckGo. Searched for Vitamin D benefits. Dr. Mercola site was way down on page five. Even walmart has a higher listing. In the past his site would be one of the first hits.

41. Cathy   August 5, 2019 at 4:57 pm

The other “large” search engine, Bing.com (owned by MS), seems to have also de-prioritized Mercola. I still prefer to do searches on Bing – it is not as censored as Google. But this does bother me, how they are lowering the priority of nearly anything natural on both of these.